Lubricant reliability program is incomplete without ongoing field-to-lab oil analysis
A good oil analysis program is integral to any successful lubricant reliability program. With consistent, accurate monitoring of the condition of your oil – whether in an engine, gearbox, circulating system or mainline power generation turbine – an oil analysis program can help you improve your bottom line with less lubricant to purchase, fewer parts to keep in inventory, less used lubricant requiring disposal, less labor and less downtime.
Using one of LE’s oil analysis programs enables you to be more efficient with your use of lubricants and reliability tools. LE’s oil analysis monitors oil samples for mechanical, operational and environmental factors that can affect equipment and oil life.
Why choose LE for oil analysis? With LE, you can be confident you’re testing with a company that knows lubricants and knows your equipment. LE has oil analysis solutions to service your specific business needs, including Xamine™ Oil Analysis for engines or industrial equipment, and Xamine™ Turbine Oil Analysis for mainline turbines. After consultation, we can recommend the right program to suit your needs.
Xamine oil analysis for engines
For monitoring of engines, primarily in mobile equipment, LE offers Xamine™ Basic Engine and Xamine™ Advanced Engine oil analysis test slates.
- Xamine Basic Engine monitors wear and contamination. It is recommended for non-extended drain interval applications, such as off-road usage.
- Xamine Advanced Engine monitors wear and contamination and optimizes drain intervals. It is recommended for extended drain interval applications in reciprocating engines such as those found in trucking fleets as well as construction equipment and forklifts. The Advanced Engine Oil Analysis kit can be used for diesel or natural gas engines, although test slates differ slightly.
Xamine oil analysis for industrial equipment
For monitoring of industrial equipment, LE offers Xamine™ Basic Industrial, Xamine™ Basic Industrial with PQ and Xamine™ Advanced Industrial oil analysis test slates.
- Xamine Basic Industrial monitors wear and contamination. It is recommended for extended drain interval applications in hydraulics, gearboxes and many other applications using industrial oils.
- Xamine Basic Industrial with PQ monitors fluid cleanliness as well as wear and contamination. It is recommended for extended drain interval applications, primarily in gearboxes.
- Xamine Advanced Industrial monitors fluid cleanliness and optimizes drain intervals, as well as monitoring wear and contamination. It is recommended for extended drain interval applications in hydraulics, gearboxes and many other application using industrial oils.
Xamine Turbine Oil Analysis – LE’s oil analysis for mainline turbines
The key to efficient turbine maintenance is routine monitoring of the oil, which ensures that decisions involving the turbine, including scheduling of oil changes and other maintenance, are based on what is actually happening inside the unit, instead of the number of hours, days or years of operation. Routine and in-depth monitoring can provide warning signs early enough to take corrective action.
LE’s comprehensive Xamine™ TOA program goes beyond routine industrial oil analysis. It provides consistent, accurate monitoring of turbine oil for mechanical, operational and environmental factors that can affect the performance and lifespan of the oil and the equipment. This valuable insight means less oil to buy, less used oil to dispose of, fewer labor hours, less unscheduled downtime and longer turbine life – all contributing to a healthier bottom line.
Xamine oil analysis reports are fast, accurate & reviewed by experts
Xamine Online Reports (Engine & Industrial)
The Xamine™ testing facilities are ISO 17025 A2LA accredited, giving you additional peace of mind that your fluid analysis program is supported by a documented quality system you can depend on to deliver superior testing and customer service.
After your Xamine™ oil analysis samples have been logged, you can track their progress through the laboratory at www.eoilreports.com. Results are available soon after sample processing is complete. A lab consultant, LE’s corporate personnel, and your LE lubrication consultant will all review your Xamine oil analysis reports – ensuring a level of expert support that is unmatched in the industry.
Our online reporting software will show you how to get the most from your data through management reports that allow you to effectively keep sampling schedules on track, identify bottlenecks in turnaround time, track unit and fluid performance, and influence purchasing decisions.
Xamine TOA Reports (Mainline Turbines)
LE performs turbine oil analysis in the LE Technology Center in Wichita, Kan. The LE Technology Center is an up-to-date facility featuring a wide variety of specialized equipment, as well as personnel with the technical understanding necessary to perform oil testing based on customized program requirements. Results are available soon after testing is complete. LE prepares a detailed report for the customer, explaining the data and providing recommendations for any follow-up actions that should be taken.
Hardware & accessories for taking oil samples
LE can recommend the hardware you need to take oil samples quickly, easily and accurately, whether it is just the Xamine Vampire Sampling Pump (pictured) or a more extensive set of hardware such as valves, tubes and other accessories. LE can recommend a customized solution for you based on your specific equipment needs, making your oil analysis program simpler to manage.
For more information about specific hardware offerings not shown on this website, please contact us.