Overview – Xpert™ OMA I
Oil Monitoring Analyst (OMA) is an independent certification for the lubrication professional that recognizes those individuals who possess current knowledge of lubrication analysis and machine condition monitoring in industrial settings. This course is good preparation for the OMA certification exam and is an excellent lubrication analysis course that will give you the tools to be more effective in your job.
Benefits — Xpert™ OMA I
- Advance the oil analysis knowledge and expertise of your reliability team
- Enhance your facility’s lubrication process and equipment reliability routine by better understanding the fundamentals of oil analysis
- Increase profits by increasing efficiency and reducing labor and downtime, all while protecting machinery
Course Content — Xpert™ OMA I
- Lubrication fundamentals
- Lubricating & troubleshooting key equipment types
- Basic principles of oil analysis
- Evaluation of oil analysis reports
- Review of Standard Practice for In-Service Mineral Turbine Oils for Steam and Gas Turbines ASTM 4378
- Review of Standard Practice for Lubrication Oil for Auxilary Power Plant Equipment ASTM 6224
Wichita Training Facility — Xpert™ OMA I
Lubrication Engineers Training Facility
1919 E. Tulsa
Wichita, KS 67216
We have also prepared this handy Hotel & Transportation Guide. It includes information you will need including hotel suggestions that work directly with LE.
Course Schedule Offering — Xpert™OMA I
- Total number of days needed: 2½
- Days 1-2 training seminar (8 a.m.- 5 p.m.)
- Day 3 is optional STLE exam taken from 8 a.m.- noon
Cost — Xpert™ OMA I
- See registration page or flyer on this page for current class pricing.
- Cost includes 2-day training seminar plus continental breakfast, beverages & lunch
- Optional ICML exam on morning of third day is not included in class fee paid to LE. This registration step is separate and handled directly through STLE.
Optional ICML Test Registration
- STLE requires one year of experience using oil analysis in the field of lubrication and 16 hours of formal training in oil monitoring analysis in order to test for OMA I.
- Qualified candidates should contact STLE, in advance of the training, at 847-825-5536 or follow this OMA Exam Registration link to register for testing. The testing fee will be paid directly to STLE.
We can also conduct private training for your employees at your facility. Click here to start the process and obtain a quote for a dedicated on-site private training classes at your facility.